Wednesday 16 January 2019

My trip to Auroville

Flow game :

I got trained as flow game host in 2018 March. There was a sense of inadequacy to host and some blockages to be able to open up and host flow games. I made an impulsive decision to go to Auroville. I was called by the invitation of a fellow host to come co-host at Auroville and that broke the barriers in me.

I co- hosted four flow games. One was a team game. In the process of hosting I was able to appreciate my hosting skills. I really enjoyed hosting flow games at Auroville and it became my central purpose of my time at Auroville.


Auroville :

The first thing that struck me about Auroville was the greenery. It's a beautiful township nestled among so much nature.

I loved the vision of Auroville. I found people very loving and kind. It was so easy to strike conversation with strangers and find new friends. Auroville felt very safe. It was comfortable to ask for lift, it was okay for a  alone women to walk the streets at night, it was safe to leave your cycle or scooter without a lock.
 There is so much space and opportunity. Lots of wonderful experiments, inspiring work and learning opportunities. People are open to people who are curious to learn.
 Of course the place is not Utopia but its a township that very different from anything I have seen and I loved the energy there.

 I visited Sadhana Forest. They are doing some amazing work on reforestation. I went for a tour. I walked out of the tour inspired to look at my food through the lenses of sustainability and look into finding ways to become at least a half vegan if not a complete one.

I visited Solitude farm. They had an interesting Earth festival going on. I learnt lots of recipes of local food and interacted with local food chefs. At the festival I got an natural tiara. I broke my worry of what people would think and went the whole day with my flower crown.

I visited the Mantrimandir. I got to a tour and meditate in the inner chamber. It was a peaceful experience. Got to spend some time with myself. Also through the tour got a better understanding of Auroville.

I ate some good healthy food at Auroville. Yummy food served with love. Best was at the solar kitchen.

Auroville is not perfect but its a town of happiness and meaningfulness.

Note : This blog is purely my personal opinion not a ultimate truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment